View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
SLynn

jpekin~

I've been thinking about your dilemma and really feel that keeping your daughter away for a short period of time is one thing (a week or so) but if you think this is something long term, I really would suggest seeking professional guidance on this. There are so many pro's and con's each way, but sitting with a terapist one on one may be the best option. This is a huge thing and you don't want to make a mistake. There will be scars either way, but with good communication skills, perahps the understanding will be better.

I don't recall if you mentioned if you had full custody, but for legality purposes, you need to do this the right way, too.

I had parents that played these games (and I don't mean to refer to your life as a game) and it was traumatic to me as a nine year old. I was a mature nine year old and did understand what was going on, I just didn't understand my parents actions. They did not have my best interests in mind only the desire to hurt each other, which in turn hurt me. I know this is my baggage and yours is different, I'm just expressing my own experience and opinion. Seek professional help on this one....it's the best option.

I really wish you luck and let me know what happens.

Stacey

SLynn is offline   Reply With Quote